Published: 2019-10-16 05:00:00Z
The Healthcare Strategist will make One Collective’s holistic community transformation work more effective by helping field staff better assess local health and medical needs, and by determining effective strategies for empowering local health care. By providing coaching, expertise and outside resources the Healthcare Strategist will see field staff equipped to do things they couldn’t do before, try new approaches and accelerate community transformation.
The ideal candidate will come with experience in public health as well as cross-cultural ministry. She/He must work well in a global, collaborative environment and with competencies in influencing others, training and coaching, in addition to health/medical expertise. This is a global leadership role and can be performed from the U.S. with some international travel. He/She must be able to raise funds for this support-funded position. This can be a half-time or full-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Organizational Leadership
- Infuse One Collective with a passion for solving health-care problems and fostering health in the communities where we serve.
- Keep current on effective community health strategies and resources, as well as the most fruitful approaches to medical mission.
- Develop One Collective’s best practices in the area of healthcare intervention and capacity-building.
- Lead healthcare cohorts and provide other necessary training in order to equip One Collective field staff in healthcare assessment and strategies.
- Work with the Director of Training to ensure any critical healthcare training is integrated as appropriate in One Collective’s overall training/learning programs.
- Participate in One Collective conferences and leadership gatherings to better equip One Collective staff in community healthcare theory and practice.
- Promote and facilitate ongoing mutual learning among Catalysts and other One Collective staff enabling them to learn from each other.
- Work with Area Leaders to help setup and support Integrated Community Transformation (ICT) Communities as they develop.
- Work with teams and/or individuals as they assess healthcare needs in their community and develop/implement healthcare initiatives for their community.
- Participate on Global Leadership Team (GLT) taskforces and consult with Ministry Support departments as well as Ministry Development leaders as needed.
4. Provide resources
- Discover and develop community healthcare tools and materials that can be used by our Catalysts and to others in order to advance ICT work.
- Post articles and resources as appropriate on our public website/blog and in InFocus (internal newsletter). Maintain a growing internal database in Ohana Resources (internal library) available to One Collective staff.
5. Leadership meetings
- Participate in monthly Strategic Impact Team meetings.
- Participate in regular Global Leadership Team (Team C) meetings, and other GLT meetings and task forces, as needed.
- Raise funds for One Collective per annual fundraising goal, including salary and ministry expenses.
- Assist with raising funds for community health projects.
- Help foster partnerships with organizations and networks that can provide training, materials, strategies or other resources that can enhance ICT.
- Work with Mobilization to recruit short- and long-term healthcare staff for our work.
8. Supervise others
- Oversee one or more Specialists, as needed, who will provide specific expertise to health-related aspects of our ICT work.
- Provide an annual performance review for all supervised employees. Also contribute to annual 360 reviews of other select One Collective leaders.
9. Personal development
- Maintain a regular pattern of reading, learning and networking in order to sharpen skills, discover the latest research, and track trends in healthcare and medical mission work.
- Actively participate in One Collective learning opportunities such as our leadership development modules (EQUIP).
• Training & presentation of information
• Service for our Constituents
• Creative and innovative thinking
• Influencing others
• Relationship building
• Must have training and experience in medicine and/or community health.
• Must be an active follower of Jesus.
This can be a part time or full time role and reports to the Vice President of Ministry
Development. This position requires some domestic and international travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements of personnel as classified.