Nurse Manager ( Niger)
Published: 2020-01-22 06:00:00Z
CURE has an exceptional opportunity for a Nurse Manager at its hospital in Niamey, Niger. The Nurse Manager is responsible for managing, supervising and coordinating the activities and co-workers (employees) of one or more nursing units within the hospital. The Nurse Manager is an active participant of the hospital senior management team to ensure that nursing is represented as an integral part of the patient care strategy.
- Manage, supervise and coordinate the development and implementation of the goals, objectives, and priorities for the nursing area(s).
- Implement management strategies that promote efficient and effective health care delivery.
- Oversee implementation and adherence to CURE nursing policies, procedures, and standards.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, prepare, monitor and analyze the nursing budget, and coordinate cost containment efforts.
- Oversee the selection, education, and evaluation of nursing personnel.
- Oversee the discipline and management of performance deficiencies in the corrective action process.
- Oversee the requisition, storage, and issuance of ward stock items including medications. Ensure accurate narcotic counts and ledgers.
- Respond effectively to difficult and sensitive patients, caretakers and co-workers (employees), and also to visitor inquiries or complaints.
- Maintain records, prepare reports, and compose correspondence on nursing related issues.
- Maintain continuous quality improvement initiatives in the nursing area(s).
- Complete regular reporting per the direction of the Executive Director and/or MSC (Mission Support Center) Director of Nursing.
Qualified candidates for this position will possess the following:
- Registered Nurse, current license to practice with no restrictions.
- Diploma in Nursing from a qualified, recognized institution required.
- Current BLS and PALS certifications.
- Previous (minimum of 2 years) clinical nursing practice, with some experience on a pediatric surgical unit highly preferred.
- Previous (minimum of 1 year) experience in a management/supervisory role within the nursing profession.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the French language.
- Computer proficiency in the applications/software used by the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a modest salary with a comprehensive benefits package that may include health and life insurance, relocation assistance, retirement, housing, in-country transportation, and annual leave
Please visit www.cure.org to learn more about, and to apply for, this opportunity! Have questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!